40-Grade Model Steel.
- Grade-40 steel could be used in the most common steel structure works e.g beams,column and bracing.
- In construction engineering, steel reinforcing bar is widely used in tandem with concrete components, since steel and concrete have similar heat expansion coefficients.
- This steel can be used to increase the inherent tactile strength of concrete, adding long-term stability to the structure.
- Steel with a grade 40 designation offers a minimum yield strength of 40,000 pounds per square inch and conforms to ASTM A-615 performance standards.
- Its metric counterpart is grade 280 steel, with an equivalent minimum yield strength of 280 mega-pascals.
- This makes grade 40 steel an excellent choice for light- to medium-duty concrete reinforcing applications.
- The price is per kg.